- It's something that gets them outdoors into the fresh air;
- It's something to get them out from in front of the computer;
- It's something that teaches them about conservation and the environment;
- It's something that every child can equally compete in;
- It's something for the family to do together;
- It's something different to do on your next vacation;
- It's something less expensive than most theme parks;
- It's something that they'll remember for a lifetime;
- It's something that they'll teach their children.
Just look at the faces on some of these kids we've had out fishing and try to tell me that they're not having fun!
You know the old saying ... give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day ... teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.
Well, the same goes for our kids ... and most kids that really get involved with fishing DON'T get involved with drugs, are less likely to get in trouble with the law, and generally do better in school. Try to do your part as a parent, grandparent, big brother, big sister, or even just a friend to get today's kids involved in fishing.
It's probably one of the least expensive hobbies to get started. All you need is a rod, reel, lure ... add water with fish in it and you've got a perfect recipe for FUN!
You never know ...
you might just find out that you DO have something in common with your kids
... a love for FISHING!!!