Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Apology

I want to apologize to all of you bloggers out there that have been faithfully checking in on my blog. It's really no excuse, but I have been working practically every waking hour, that I haven't been fishing, on my website. I have increased its size from 10 pages to 34 and have increased the rankings to showing up within the first two pages of Google, Yahoo, and MSN searches for my keywords/phrases. I'm still working on it (you're really never done), but I've backed off on how many hours I am putting toward it. I know I have no right to ask, but if you could see your way to it, I would really appreciate the hits ... and votes for the links down the right side of the home page or on the links page.

Enough about that. How's the fishing you ask? Well, it wasn't too bad until we had this blizzard of a cold front move through. Now it's even too cold to go out and work on the boats in the garage, much less get in one and go fishing!!! The bass were starting to go on the bed, but this 30 degree weather will push them right back off for awhile, unless we get a really strong warming trend.


As things do warm up, I am anticipating a fairly good season this year, since most of the lakes are still fairly full. Although, we could still use some rain to top them off a bit. Now that all of the holiday hoopla is over with we can get down to business ... that is the business of fishing.


By the way, have any of you tried Doug Hannon's new fishing reel yet? It looks like he's got another winner of an invention. You can find some info about it on my site, along with the links to his site. Doug has received a lot of awards for this one. I think he has outdone himself this time. Congrats, Doug!!! Also, check out his swimming snake, if you haven't done so already. It's a killer of a lure, especially for those of you who LOVE topwater action.


I just heard a joke that I don't get (I don't think), so if you get it, let me know: Two gold fish were in a tank, one says to the other one "Do you know how to drive this thing?" Sorry, but I just don't get it.


Well, like I said, I am back now and will be posting about once a week. If anyone has any suggestions or things they would like me to add to the blog, speak up now or forever hold your peace ... just kidding.


No comments: